Go Back   The Palace Avatar Chat Community Forums. > Palace Builders Palace Users > Developers Forum

Developers Forum
Developers, Client and Server announcements.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Palace User

numuno is on a distinguished road
There is this unknown client plugin for windows, call Palace-ICI (or Pici for short) for people who hated Iptscrae. Pici is a superset of ICI whose syntax is very C-like. You can get the both the source (released under GPL) and binary from palaceici yahoo group file section. The documentation is quite comprehensive. If I were to say anymore, it would be construe as a shameless plug =)
Old 04-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Palace User

Janus is on a distinguished road
Phalanx was written in Visual Basic, need I say more...

15 ways C/C++ is better than VB - http://forums.palacecommunity.com/in...p?showtopic=26

Oddly enough, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City will run in Windows 98, slower than hell, but it'll run. Yet Phalanx won't run in Windows 98. Ironic that something that's suppose to consume far less CPU and RAM and other 'resources' can't even top something main stream like a game that's mass produced world wide!

Phalanx also consumes 30% of a Pentium 4 CPU just sitting idle. I also found it funny how my computer's hardware is way better than FireBot's specs, yet, I can never get even close to the 'frames-per-second' rate he's getting. Don't give me that 'Palace uses 100% CPU' bull either, if your machine was truly at 100% CPU, NOTHING WOULD WORK! The mouse wouldn't even be able to move across the screen. It's possible it appears to be using 100% CPU because it uses alot of CPU and frees it before everything freezes up. In which case, it's still not using 100% CPU all of the time. Amazingly when you run Palace32 in WINE your load averages don't go up, so it's not using enough CPU to bogg down Linux! BOGOMIPS RULE!
Old 04-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Palace User

cradom is on a distinguished road
Dean...you dont need a Mac to try PalaceChat, he has a windows version.
I'll just be glad when he gets iptscrae into them. Says he's working on it.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Palace User

Keep in mind Dean posted that almost a year ago. Jamie ( Pa\/\/n ) didn't have a PC client at that point. Jamie's layout/default skin is incredibly dull and boring, but if it consumes far less system resources, more power to him.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Palace User

cradom is on a distinguished road
Sorry, wasn't paying attention to dates.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Palace User

Haha don't apologize man, Dean likes to give speeches like that a lot. He'll toss in everything he's got to get this 'I'm non-biased' point into your head, but then he'll bust his ass telling you how much better Phalanx is, or how good FireBot is, or BHLabs in general is over anybody else etc. And that's suppose to Non-Biased? HOLY HELL! I'd hate to see what 'biased' looks like...
Old 03-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Palace User

tuffty01 is on a distinguished road
wat use on about
Old 11-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Palace User

moony is on a distinguished road
Um I don't know why are people rejecting something that's almost perfect. I like Palace32
and I won't change it. People should concentrate on fixing bugs (like prop edit crashes, add A BIT of design and things).

I don't like Phalanx cause it's so to say, gay.

I like PalaceChat I only miss iptScrae, i even suggested to Jamie to make an ActiveX for it but he refused it cause it wouldn't work on Macintosh and Linux. The RBscript is fine but it's still not good, old iptScrae.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Palace User

Cbeptgiy10 is on a distinguished road
Quote: Originally Posted by maarten View Post
Well right now its pretty pointless to make a client thats not 100% Palace compatible. I guess any scripting language upgrades are for the future, right now we need something that works with the 4000+ existing Palace servers.

And just so you know: I'm not making anything new clientwise.
I am a newbie in this forum, so i would like to make a new member and contribute my ideas and improve my knowledge from the others.I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.Gee! this thread will attract many people to give more info.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Palace User

theturtle32 is on a distinguished road
last night I uploaded the first public release of my OpenPalace Flash-based client that includes Iptscrae support. It seems to work pretty well so far! Most of the games I can find are playable, the room scripts usually work pretty well. Let me know what your experiences are with it.

Also, it's been a while since I posted here, and I've additionally added a Prop Bag that will save your props. All in the browser.

Check it out here: http://www.openpalace.org/

And if you run into any issues or compatibility problems, please file a bug on my bug tracker: http://bugz.openpalace.org/

Enjoy!
Brian