Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
The Palace Avatar Chat Community Forums. > Palace Planet > Planet Community > Just a idea wanting The Palace to build back up again!!
Planet Community The Palace Planet community forum.
Main Menu
Click here to return to the homepage
Click here to enter the UserForum
Click here to view the Image gallery
Click here to see all Calendar events and submit your own.
Yeah tell me What is this Palace Chat anyway?
A guide to help you start your Palace chat career
The important unwritten rules written down?!?
Important tips on how to stay safe for kids.
A Paintshop Pro tutorial on how to convert a picture to your avatar
The Famous Scriptbarn Script resources
Quirkys amazing Yahtzee collection
The important Palace builders guide for anyone who wants to build a Palace
The Script source of famous Palace Scripter Hex
December 2008
S M T W T F S
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 123
The Latest Posts
One of your links
Last post by CountryMe
Yesterday 02:43 PM
Last post by maarten
12-14-2008 04:32 PM
Links to Many Palaces
Last post by MoonShine
12-11-2008 12:32 AM
Linpal is working
Last post by staticextasy
12-10-2008 11:14 PM
Phalanx/Vista - Problem with props
Last post by snow
12-10-2008 02:09 AM
Online Users: 36
1 members and 35 guests
CountryMe
Most users ever online was 1,010, 06-28-2007 at 12:45 AM.
Stats
Members: 2,368
Threads: 1,010
Top Poster: maarten (1,047)
Welcome to our newest member, tutancamon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
CountryMe
Old 12-11-2008 , 01:11 AM    #1 (permalink)

Palace User

Icon7 Just a idea wanting The Palace to build back up again!!
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to get back in the loop with The Palace and noticed PalaceTools is gone :( and it seems there isn't as many people now using Palace? But I still think it's a cool place to meet and chat with others so I was trying to think of a way to spread the word to get more people to use The Palace and hope it's ok that I mention there is MANY people using Twitter and you can put links there with your message that goes out where ALOT of people can read them. They limit how many characters you can use with each message but there's enough room to say something about Palace and add a link to this web site :) Which I've already done. I don't have much knowledge or expertise to add to be that kind of help here but would like to help get more people here and to use The Palace again. I've always thought it was the best program to meet and chat. Just a idea! If it's ok to put a link here to Twitter let me know? You have to reg but then can send out messages about just about anything where many people can read them!

By the way a very BIG THANK YOU TO ALL that is here trying to help keep The Palace going! I don't have my palace back up yet but I never was hosted so I'm not sure how I would add a link to my palace if I start it back up since there is no web site to put a link to?

maarten
Old 12-11-2008 , 11:06 AM    #2 (permalink)

Palace Planet Founder

Hey,

Great idea, it helps a LOT to link to this site, the more links the easier search engines will find us and the more the Palace Community gets some exposure. So go for it!

If you want to link to your Palace, just go to the "Directory" and submit your Palace server. It is linked to your user account so the minute you are logged in you can change the info / addy etc. anytime you like. Thanks and if you know any people who want to help out here... this place can use all the help it can get!

anyway, thanks for sharing and keepem coming :)

Please don't ask me for help in private, use the USER QUESTIONS forum if you need help.

CountryMe
Old 12-11-2008 , 01:31 PM    #3 (permalink)

Palace User

When I get my palace back up I shall attempt to see if my brain can follow your easy instructions on getting it listed. In the meantime I think by your reply it is ok for me to put the twitter link? Sure hope so! It's Twitter: What are you doing?

What I do is type a message out to others and leave enough room (since there is a character limit) at the end of my message to put your web site here and then anyone that reads my message can click the link and will be beamed to this site :)

Wish I had the expertise to help (wonder if I will even remember how to put back up and do Palace lol) but maybe if I can get some traffic here that will help a bit.

Everyone else, register with twitter and send out messages to advertise here and your palace. Let's build it back up again and that will help bring others here that will have the expertise to help Maarten!! Just think if Maarten had not been here when Palacetools went down with them having no one to take over for them, what would had happened? Don't let the best chat place die!! I do thank Palacetools for keeping it going for years but shame on them for not having someone to take over their site instead of just letting it die without letting others know?

CountryMe
Old 12-11-2008 , 02:29 PM    #4 (permalink)

Palace User

Was just checking around your cool web site and noticed you have MANY MANY AS IN A LOT of members? With that many members hopefully some will have the time to help this site grow and to regain more Palace users?

Not trying to be critical, just want Palace to build again like it use to be :) It's hard to find anyone even chatting now on Palace and there use to be so many.

Would not take much effort for everyone to find a place on the internet like Twitter that is free to promote Palace even if they didn't have much time to do it, just once in awhile promoting this site and palace would give a lot of exposure!

maarten
Old 12-11-2008 , 05:07 PM    #5 (permalink)

Palace Planet Founder

Woot! If everybody registered on this site was as motivated as you we would have a cool community for sure! It really is a great idea to use twitter to promote The Palace / palaceplanet and I'm very glad you want to do it.

People don't understand that giving this site as much exposure as possible will attract new users simply because it will be more visible to the outside world.

It is a shame palacetools has gone but I'm sure we can get this community together once again. We have all the tools we need, and with people like yourself i'm sure we will pull this off.

In the past we all promoted Palacetools for exactly the same reason we should now promote Palaceplanet: get more people to discover the Palace!

So go for it and if you need any help with getting your Palace up, well you know where to go for help :)

As for all the members, to be honest it used to be over 12.000 but dropped all the inactive ones when we switched to this new forum format. One of the really cool options all members get is a true Palace PROFILE! Check the profile button and see, you get your own page you can customise in any way you want. This is also a great way to promote Palace: sign up, setup a cool profile and share it like you would share any myspace page.

Please don't ask me for help in private, use the USER QUESTIONS forum if you need help.

CountryMe
Old 12-11-2008 , 08:39 PM    #6 (permalink)

Palace User

Thanks Maarten! I just don't want to see The Palace die. Too many years, too much work from people like you have gone into it. I know what it is like to have to be temp off the internet for emergencies, or something important demands our attention so I have certainly been guilty of being slack many times trying to help keep Palace going. That's why it's so important we have many people promoting and helping so when times come up that some have to be gone, there is always someone to help keep things going. Palacetools did a great job and no doubt it was their turn for whatever needed to take them away so my only fault with them is them not arranging someone like you to take over ahead of time instead of just suddenly abandoning all The Palaces listed there.

Even if your members have dropped off from what it use to be, from what I saw in the members directory, there are still plenty of people if they all did nothing but promote this site at one place a week, it would help rebuild Palace users once again! Send out notices to all of them and tell them you can not build this by yourself and to get with it!! lol

I've already sent out several updates on Twitter telling others about this site. It is so easy to do! I have no idea how many read those twitter updates but it is ALOT from what I see on how many messages go out.

maarten
Old 12-12-2008 , 03:05 AM    #7 (permalink)

Palace Planet Founder

Palace ill never die as long as we keep having fun.

Here is a little experiment in survival:

Welcome to the PAlaceplanet Palace

PAlace in the browser, still works ok for me, we can use this. Can you add html to twitter? Because then I can build little palaces we can put inside pages! lol

CountryMe
Old 12-12-2008 , 05:17 AM    #8 (permalink)

Palace User

So far as I know Twitter only allows text. But you get a lot of exposure there to add a bio on your Twitter home page and web site link. I have your URL for this web site there :)

CountryMe
Old 12-12-2008 , 09:01 PM    #9 (permalink)

Palace User

I've already seen a few other messages sent on Twitter advertising your site here :)

For anyone that saw my post here and is advertising on Twitter this site and/or your palaces:

I've just discovered to make it seen by more that search on Twitter according to certain words to see messages make sure you put a word or topic many people would be wanting to view such as Obama LOL or any other hot topic.

For example when I put my newest message out about the site here I said, After listening to all the news about Obama (LOL) chat with others at The Palace! And then I added a link to this site here :)

maarten
Old 12-12-2008 , 10:03 PM    #10 (permalink)

Palace Planet Founder

lol funny come chat with Obama! Signed up and posted some palaceplanet stuff, its funny but still need to figure out how on earth this thing works lol